Your housing options

It can often take a while to find a home through EdIndex. Here are some other options that you might want to think about:

Private Rent – Find out more about how to rent a private home. If you get Housing Benefit you can use this to rent a private home. This is called Local Housing Allowance.

Mid Market Rent – The rent for mid market homes is usually higher than Council or Housing Association rent, but lower than private rent. This makes mid market rent homes more affordable to many people. A list of current providers and their available homes can be viewed here.

Buying a home – This includes schemes that make buying a home more affordable.

House Exchange – If you are a Council or Housing Association tenant and you want to move you can register on House Exchange. This lets you swap homes with other tenants also looking to move.

Armed Forces & ex-Service personnel – Whether you are beginning your career in the Armed Forces or have already left, this guide outlines your housing options.